Professor of Information Engineering and Dean of the Graduate School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Contact Address: Department of Information Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Telephone No.: (852) 3943-8378
Facsimile No.: (852) 2603-5032
PhD, MS, Harvard; BA, MS, Yale
– FHKIE, Fellow IEEE
Honours, affiliations and other appointments:
– Science Adviser, the Innovation and Technology Commission of the HKSAR Government (2003-2005);
– Board Director of the Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute and Chairman of the Technical Committee (2006-2008);
– Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (1989-1993);
– Chairman of the Information Discipline Advisory Panel, HKIE (2000-2002);
– Chairman of the Accreditation Committee of Computer Science Programmes, HKIE (2008-2012)
Area of Expertise:
Control and Communication
Professor Wong is a Professor of Information Engineering at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He served as the Chairman of the Information Engineering Department from 1995 to 2003 and Dean of the Graduate School from 2005 to 2014. He served as the Science Adviser at the Innovation Technology Commission of the HKSAR Government from 2003 to 2005.
Professor Wong has made contribution in the fundamental research of control and information systems. He is one of the pioneers in the field of information-based control. His work on nonlinear filter extended classical work of Kalman filters. He has contributed broadly in communication theory on issues including the power control problem, mobility management and protocol sequences. He is responsible for the development of one of the earliest Chinese internet search engines, which is based on self-developed, patented technology.