1917 – 2018
FHKEng  A1 B2 C1
Founding President 1994-1997; Immediate Past President 1997-2000
PhD, BSc (1st Class Hons)
– HonFHKIE, FIET, HonFIMechE;
– Membership of other academies;
Honours, affiliations and other appointments:
– HonDSc, HonDEng, HonDBA, HonLLD;
– GBM, GBE, Kt, CBE, OBE, JP, Order of Sacred Treasure (Japan); Knight Bachelor; Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire;
– Hong Kong Business Man of the Year;
– Chairman of Federation of Hong Kong Industries (1966-71); Asian Productivity Organization in Tokyo (1970-1971); Hong Kong Japan Business Cooperation Committee (1983-88); and Hong Kong US Economic Cooperation Committee (1984-88).
– President of the Engineering Society of Hong Kong (1960-61)
Area of Expertise:
Industrial engineering, corporate management, politics
Ir Sir Sze-yuen CHUNG is an eminent mechanical engineer and politician. He served Sonca Industries Ltd for over 35 years initially as Chief engineer, later as Managing Director and Chairman. He had served on many public company boards and at present on CLP Holdings Ltd, Transport International Holdings Ltd, Kowloon Motor Bus Co (1933) Ltd, etc. He is also the Pro-Chancellor of The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
He was the Senior Unofficial Members of the Hong Kong Legislative Council and Executive Council in 1970-1980s. He served as the Convenor of the Non-official Members of the Executive Council of Hong Kong SAR Government immediately on 1 July 1997 till 30 June 1999.
He was responsible to establish Hong Kong Polytechnic (now University) in 1972; City Polytechnic (now University) in 1984; Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 1991; Hong Kong Productivity Council in 1970; Hong Kong Hospital Authority in 1990; and Hong Kong Academy of Engineering Sciences in 1994.